I would LOVE the opportunity to come teach your group! Please email for details.
LET THE MAGIC IN YOU COME OUT!

Search This Blog

5.11.2012

BACK HOME AGAIN........IN BARRANQUILLA.......

early in the morning at the airport obviously just after the floors had been cleaned

I was singing the title (above) to the tune of Back Home Again In Indiana. All of you Mitch Miller fans will know what I'm talking about. My mom played that album SO much that I know every note and word and have since collected some of his albums.


But I digress. 


I've been home for 2 1/2 weeks and thought I was getting caught up with projects until my daughter - who is due in August with my next grandchild - asked me if I wanted to make the invitations for the baby shower...


which I do, I do! 


So far I've completed 16 of the 60 or so that I'll make and I'm loving every minute of it.



They're not pictured here.  That's another post for another day.



I did want to mention that our airplane left Texas and stopped over in Denver on the way to Florida. 


It was the first time I've ever been farther west than Texas...where I was born...which is a little north-west of where my son now lives. 


Anyway, I got a picture from the plane window of the snow covered mountains in the distance. 


Everyone on the plane had on winter clothes except Jerry and I but we left, and were headed, for hot! 


What I really want to share with you in this post - is that I've signed up for a series of online workshops called  21 Secrets.




There are 21 teachers teaching different techniques for art journaling and I began at the bottom of the list with Zom Osborn's workshop.




The pictures above and below are of the different stages of my creations - both paper and fabric -


using her techniques...which I've used before...


BUT she has her own unique take 


and asks her students to answer some fabulous leading questions 


that really got me thinking.



I love the finished pieces...


even though I strayed a bit from her suggestions. 


If you haven't looked into 21 Secrets...

 
you might be delighted with the price and quality of the workshops presented by all those fabulous artists.



Create Your Life,



annie!





8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I just love the way they turned out.

      Delete
  2. How fun...love how you tied sew into your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adriann! My real love is fabric and thread!

      Delete
  3. Reflections delicious, I love. Interesting compositions with rich textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your ‘artist’s eye’ comments!

      Delete
  4. wow, what interesting pieces! and i'm curious to see the invitations for your daughter, what a great idea for you to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've gotten about 35-40 of the invites done and will take pix when I'm finished. I love making them!!!

      Delete

Yuckola. More than half of my email has been from anonymous, so.....