I would LOVE the opportunity to come teach your group! Please email for details.
LET THE MAGIC IN YOU COME OUT!

Search This Blog

5.24.2011

Excited! I'm Working On A Book!


I got a really good laugh last night when I posted the following comment on Facebook:

Excited! I'm working on a book!


Within 2 hours I had received the following comments (except for the last one) (plus a whole bunch of 'likes') in relation to my original 'status':


  • Jeff about what
    17 hours ago ·

  • Annie  it's a fabric/fiber/textile/technique book that I'm making. :)
    17 hours ago ·

  • Pedro Cool... congrats!
    17 hours ago · · 1 person

  • Tami  Are you making or writing a book?
    17 hours ago ·

  • Donna  You go girl!!!
    17 hours ago · · 1 person

  • Annie  thanks ya'all! I'm making it Tami! :) You're the writer in the family.
    17 hours ago ·

  • Tami  You should write it. I can help edit.
    17 hours ago · · 1 person

  • Pat  Annie, Sign me up for the first copy.
    17 hours ago · · 2 people

  • Stephanie  Awesome!
    16 hours ago · · 1 person

  • Kimberly oh Annie this is great. I want to do a childrens book but would not know where to start!!
    16 hours ago ·

  • Tami  Start from the beginning Kimberly. Write the story and then find a market. Using sites like www.duotropes.com.
    15 hours ago ·

  • Peggy  Very cool, Annie what kind of book.Darold said is he in it, he's always wanted to be called Scooter, lol.
    15 hours ago · · 1 person

  • Annie LOL - Peggy...tell Darold he'll be in my book! - as Scooter!
    15 hours ago ·

  • Tami  as Scooter or as A scooter?
    15 hours ago · · 1 person

  • Annie  He's gonna be Scooter. Not a scooter.
    15 hours ago · · 1 person

  • Jan  Annie I have plans and a short outline started for one as well..we shall see how far I get. It is a lot of work for the tiny return one gets from them..I have 2 freinds that have written" how to " books for the arts so I know how it works...good luck with yours..
    4 hours ago ·

I figured I'd better straighten things out so I added a new 'status' which read:

OK. I need to clear something up. I'm not WRITING a book. I'm making one out of fabrics, fibers, threads, and all that other ephemera that I love to play with. But...after all the comments, I might just think about writing one! :) Thanks for your encouragement.

Which then prompted the following comments from my dear and wonderful family and friends...

  • Janet  Oh, that's cool!... but yes, you could be an author, I bet!
    15 hours ago ·

  • Tami  Yes she is good! She could make a great Fiber Arts book.
    15 hours ago ·

  • Stephanie  Write a book about making one: )
    15 hours ago ·

  • Annie  My new fiber arts book - with Scooter (Darold) in it - edited by Tami - first copy going to Pat...will begin with all these comments that have me ROFL!.
    15 hours ago ·

  • Tami  You know, that would be very funny and unique.
    13 hours ago ·

  • Devon  I would SO buy a book you wrote Annie!!
    11 hours ago ·

  • Wallis I like everything you write. It gets me to be relaxed.
    4 hours ago ·

  • Jan  well maybe you should write a book on how to make one of your funky books...step by step because that is what people need..Very few have your creative mind and would need total guidance..I see that with my teaching...#1 do this , #2 do that etc.etc.
    4 hours ago ·

  • Tami  Or maybe teach your purses AND books. And tell stories throughout.
    4 hours ago ·

  • Annie I just LOVE you guys!!! All this encouragement is wonderful!!!
    about an hour ago ·

I'm STILL laughing. This is funny shit stuff!!!

And I'm pretty sure there are friends that still think I'm writing a book so this blog is to hopefully clear up that misconception. 

:)

(Wish I knew how to put a smiley face on here).

Anyway...the picture at the top and those that follow are the book I'm working on...


It's about 24X11 inches...


And is no where NEAR completed -




These pictures are just the base.



And I got another "spread" done this morning - but no picture yet. :)

If you'd like to see my last completed book, click here.

I'll be posting two more blogs today or tomorrow with pictures of a couple other books I've done.

And if you want a tutorial...just let me know!!!


I'll write a book!!!


Create Your Life,


annie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yuckola. More than half of my email has been from anonymous, so.....