I would LOVE the opportunity to come teach your group! Please email for details.
LET THE MAGIC IN YOU COME OUT!

Search This Blog

9.30.2010

Well My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go...

Just waiting for the taxi to blow his horn!

I'm actually ready a whole hour ahead of time which is almost a miracle. 

When I was in my teens and a young adult, I was always late. Except to work. I have very good work ethics. Even when working for myself, I'm very disciplined, honest and gung ho.

Gung Ho. Now that's an interesting word. I just googled it and here's a piece of what Wikipedia says...


Gung ho is a term used to mean "enthusiastic" or "dedicated."
The term was picked up by United States Marine Corps Major Evans Carlson from his New Zealand friend, Rewi Alley, one of the founders of the Chinese Industrial Cooperatives. Carlson explained in a 1943 interview: "I was trying to build up the same sort of working spirit I had seen in China where all the soldiers dedicated themselves to one idea and worked together to put that idea over. I told the boys about it again and again. I told them of the motto of the Chinese Cooperatives, Gung Ho. It means Work Together-Work in Harmony...." [1]

I'm sure I used the right term above. It fits what I was trying to describe. Must have pulled it up from my military brat days. It's funny how we say the same things our parents used to say - sometimes without even knowing what it means.


Dad was in the Air Force - a lifer - which is part of what makes me the gypsy that I am. 


Now my son, Bear, is making a career in the US Army. I think he's pretty happy with it. Maybe not as gung-ho as he was at first, but he's good at what he does.


I just hate like hell that he has to be deployed again. We're not sure if he'll go to Iraq for the second time or to Afghanistan. We'll know more in November. 


It's hard on him for sure and on his sweetest of sweet wife, Winge. It's hard for all of us. I know...I believe...he will thrive. We all will.

Please, 
today, 
say a prayer...
send good thoughts and vibrations, 
believe in our men and women serving this country and help them make it through this horrible, sad war.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yuckola. More than half of my email has been from anonymous, so.....